Now that the final installment of the Hobbit has been released in the movie theaters, the final cinematic tale by J.R.R. Tolkien goes full circle. What would he have thought about how his literary masterpieces were portrayed on the silver screen?
Below is a review from my movie review blog called Movie Review Maven.
How would you have reviewed this last film in the trilogy?
Movie: THE HOBBIT: THE BATTLE OF THE FIVE ARMIES
I didn't think The Hobbit movie trilogy wasn't quite as awesome as the Lord of the Rings trio, but it's still a fine companion in the storytelling and worth the visit to CGI Middle Earth. Easily the most violent of all of the films in the series, the battle of five armies includes the army of fans who will see the final installment and make Peter Jackson's movies go down in history as one of the most beloved cinematic stories.
* "Saruman believes it is only great power that can hold evil in check, but that is not what I have found. I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love. Why Bilbo Baggins? I don't know. Perhaps because I am afraid, and he gives me courage." - Gandolf
* Aiden Turner (Kili) is so cute! Former heart-throb Orlando Bloom (Legolas) is starting to look old because of the odd CGI work they did on his face.
* Two words: Benedict Cumberbatch.
* Considering Bilbo is THE hobbit that this trilogy is named after, he played a somewhat minor role in this last film.
* While it's always lovely to see Cate Blanchett, that green, psycho look on Galadriel isn't becoming on her. ha ha
* "You started this. You will forgive me if I finish it." - Thranduil
Check out these fun Hobbit products for Christmas: