Pages

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

New Years Resolutions



I've often wondered who it was that resolved in making New Years Resolutions a new year's tradition. I've often wondered how many individuals resolve to keep the resolutions they make each year. Do I? Do You? Hmm.

So that I would more fully understand the meaning and commitment of a resolution, I looked it up in the dictionary.

Resolution:

1. Something decided on.
2. Act of resolving or determining.
3. Power of holding firmly to a purpose.
4. Determination.
5. A formal expression of opinion

Okay, does that mean that we resolve to make up our minds to be better in the future? To be firm in carrying out a purpose? To do what we meant to do, last year, but didn't get it done? To stand by an opinion and follow through, no matter what?

I pondered and I considered and finally, when all was resolved, I decided a tea party would be much more fun. There is no rhyme or reason to consider here. I just simply resolved to begin each day with a smile and a tea party with a special friend - my imagination.

Have a Happy New Year, everyone.

1 comments:

Tamara Hart Heiner said...

I have a hard time even remembering my resolutions a month later. I need a better system.