This past week I’ve been thinking a lot about how much I’ve taken to my new home state of Texas in the years since we were blessed to move here. Here are a few of the things I love:
1) Blue Bell ice cream
2) The fact that In-N-Out Burger recently opened multiple locations in the Dallas/Fort Worth area (the Calfornia-grown girl in me can't get enough of those fries)
3) Falling asleep to the sound of the cows outside my window
4) The Bluebonnets that blossom in the spring
5) The seemingly endless sky
6) The kind people with huge hearts and a love of God and country (In fact, I have to say, it's this last one I think I love the most)
In my first two books, the protagonist keeps a notebook in which she writes about the people who inspire her. The other day, I was watching the local news and saw a story that inspired me so deeply, I had to share a link here.