Pages

Monday, November 21, 2011

A November of Miracles

I'm not doing so well with the newer November traditions.

My first November fail comes courtesy of the new "Mo"vember movement, which asks guys around the world to grow a "Mo", or mustache, for prostate cancer awareness. Instead of playing along, for the first time in 23 years I spent November with a clean upper lip.

My second fail has to do with NaNoWriMo. My version has almost been "National Non-Writing Month." I have been writing, and with any luck I'll have another chapter or two done by the time December starts. But that pales in comparison to the tens of thousands of words being cranked out by many of my awesome online friends.

The one November tradition that I am doing--and doing well--is expressing thanks for my many blessings. I'll spare you the laundry list of gratitude, but I want to share a true miracle that has taken place in my life this month.

Yesterday, I sat by my wife at church.

Those of you who know about our long, difficult battle with Lyme disease will understand how amazing this is. And while my wife still has a long way to go, the fact that she has recovered enough to join our family at church--not just once, but four times in the past five weeks--is a miracle truly worth giving thanks for.

3 comments:

Jordan McCollum said...

Whoa! You shaved! Fortunately, you look good :D .

And congratulations on having your wife be able to join you at church! I hope that the miracles continue for your family.

Julie Coulter Bellon said...

Aw, what a sweet post. I'm so glad you had your wife by your side. You know, in that picture, the way her head is, it looks like she has an orange halo of fruit around her head. Like an angel! :)

Rebecca Talley said...

What a wonderful miracle!! I'm so happy to hear it!

And you look very nice clean-shaven.