I’m so happy to have been invited to contribute to this blog. It’s such an exciting honor.
Writing can be a very solitary endeavor, and I love that through the power of technology writers all over can share thoughts on the roller coaster that is putting words down on paper. I look so forward to sharing thoughts with you.
But for today, I guess I'll start by giving you a little 411 on me. So, here goes, in the form of 20 random statements.
1. I was born in Alaska, grew up in California, and currently live in Texas.
2. I am the author of two books, The Icing on the Cake, and Previously Engaged.
3. I love humor. I love reading it, writing it, watching it—sometimes even being the butt of it.
4. I watch American Idol. And I sometimes vote. I’m not ashamed. (Okay, a little ashamed.)
5. I’m thisclose to being finished with my taxes.
6. I have Miley Cyrus music on my iPod.
7. This is my first spring in Texas. For three nights in a row, I’ve had nightmares about tornados.
8. My younger sister is about to make me an aunt. I’m SO going to spoil that little girl.
9. I love Pandora.com. It’s a writer’s dream.
10. I’m so excited for the upcoming LDStorymakers Conference.
11. In high school I drove a 1967 Mustang.
12. I now drive a Honda Civic.
13. I play the piano.
14. My husband’s teaching me the guitar.
15. I’m 5 foot 10.
16. But I stink at basketball.
17. If I had to live somewhere other than my own house, I’d choose IKEA.
18. I find doing laundry soothing.
19. I’ve never gotten a traffic ticket.
20. Now that I wrote that, I’ll probably get one tomorrow.
Thanks for reading! I’m looking forward to getting to know YOU!
Thursday, March 25, 2010
Posted by Elodia Strain at 11:45 PM