By Trina Boice
E-readers are on every book-lover's wish list this Christmas, and probably on yours too. The prices are getting so much more reasonable these days too. Here is a quick comparison guide in case it's on your shopping list this year. If you're the avid reader in the family, then print out this blog post and leave it where your loved ones will see it and get the hint.
What are your choices?
* Amazon's Kindle 2 or DX
* Barnes & Noble Nook
* Borders' Kobo eReader
* Sony's Reader Pocket, Daily, or Touch Edition
* Apple's iPad
* Kogan Technologies eBook Reader
* Spring Design Alex eReader
* Skiff Reader
Things to look for:
* Battery life: 20,000-30,000 page turns
* Software that allows you to purchase from your favorite bookstore
* Comfortable hold
* Can be registered as an Adobe Digital Edition reader
* Decent photo viewer
* Memory card slots for additional storage
* Bookmark feature
* Can navigate through the index and pages easily
* Displays a pdf layout larger than 6 inches
* Comes with free ebooks
* Headphone jack
* Protective cover
* Decent price!
* Size of display
Which one do I want for Christmas? Whichever one ends up under my tree! Otherwise, I'll be using this one:
Here's a great site I found with some pretty thorough reviews: www.ereaderleader.com/reviews/
Don't worry if you missed Cyber Monday; there are plenty of great deals still out there. Good luck!