Pages

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Lessons I have Learned

JoAnn Arnold

I have a book that I pick up and read when I need some good advice. It's called "Treasury of Wit and Wisdom." I'd like to share some thoughts with you.

Scott Adams said, "Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

Cecil B. DeMile put it this way. "Creativity is a drug I cannot live without."

Sigmund Freud: "When inspiration does not come to me, I go halfway to meet it."

Harry Caray: "I've only been doing this 54 years. With a little experience, I might get better."

Robert Collier: Make every thought, every fact, that comes into your mind pay you a profit. make it work and produce for you. Think of things not as they are but as they might be. Don't merely dream--but create!

I love to sit down with this book and let these thoughts remind me that life really is crazy and it might take a few chocolate bars to wake up the creative section of the brain that sometimes likes to hide itself and sleep.

On a much more important subject, Christmas is just a few days away and I want to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas and a Safe and happy New Year.

"For unto you is born this day in the city of David, a Saviour, which is christ the Lord."

1 comments:

Michael Knudsen said...

Thanks JoAnn. It's great to have books you can go to for quotes that inspire and motivate!